Individual Technology Assistance
The library is happy to offer computer education and assistance to library patrons--free of charge. We offer a variety of structured classes, but you are welcome to schedule an appointment on a topic of your choosing. Some other topics covered include, but are not limited to:
- purchasing new technology
- using a mobile device
- tablet assistance (iPad, Kindle Fire, etc.)
- using Facebook or other social networks
- optimizing computer performance
- strategies to prevent viruses and malware
- email for beginners
- Using our digital library and downloading eBooks to your device
If you would like to book a 30-minute appointment, please use the booking calendar below. Please limit yourself to one 30-minute appointment per week.
If you are unable to book online, call the Reference Desk at 781-786-6165 and they will book an appointment for you.
Preparing for your appointment
Before coming to your appointment, please write down a list of questions or things you are hoping to learn. If your questions relate to a specific device, bring the device with you when possible. If you are bringing a device with you, make sure the battery is fully charged or bring the charger with you.