The COA offers a variety of onsite and virtual opportunities for learning, exercising, and socializing. Check out our newsletter and this month's highlights below!
- Beehive: The 60's Musical Saturday, April 15, 2:00-6:00 (Pre-registration required)
- Art in Bloom at the MFA Friday, April 28, 9:45-2:15
- Coffee & Conversation with New COA Director, Joan Ingersoll Monday, April 10, 10:00-11:00 at the COA
- St. Patrick’s Day Luncheon Friday, March 17, 12:00-1:00 at the COA
- Women in World Jazz Concert Friday, March 31, 7:00-8:00 pm, Great Room, Community Center
Programs, Classes, & Activities
- Meet Knox: Weston Police Department’s K-9 Unit Wednesday, April 12, 10:00- 11:00 at the COA
- Local and Global Discussion Group: Spring Town Meeting with Weston resident Joel Angiolillo Thursday, April 13, 1:15-3:00 at the COA
- Politics of Chocolate & Chocolate Tasting Thursday, April 20, 1:00-2:00 at the COA (Pre-registration required)
- Terrarium Workshop: Indoor Gardens for All Monday, April 24, 1:00-2:00 at the COA
This program is a collaboration between the COA, Weston Garden Club, and the Weston Media Center. In addition, this program is supported in part by a grant from the Weston Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council.
- Life Transition Binder Workshop Fridays, April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 10:00- 12:00 at the COA
- Live Virtual Walking Tour of Ljubljana, Slovenia’s Capital Tuesday, April 11, 11:00-12:00 on Zoom
- Knowledge is Power: Learn About Your Body to Keep it Moving Well in the Years to Come
- Hips Friday, April 14, 10:30-11:30 on Zoom
- Knees Friday, May 12, 10:30-11:30 on Zoom
- Shoulders Friday, June 9, 10:30-11:30 on Zoom
- Art Appreciation: Ancient Greece & Rome Tuesday, April 25, 10:00-11:00 on Zoom
- Mass Audubon Series
- Nature of Spring Wednesday, April 12, 2:00-3:00 on Zoom
- Intro to Birds & Birdwatching Wednesday, May 3, 2:00-3:00 on Zoom
- Landscaping & Gardening for Wildlife Wednesday, June 14, 2:00-3:00 on Zoom
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Series
- Dementia Friends Training Wednesday, April 19, 6:30-7:30 on
- Healthy Living for Your Brain & Body Thursday, May 11, 11:00-12:00 on Zoom
- The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Tuesday, June 13, 6:30-7:30 on Zoom
- Effective Communication Wednesday, July 12, 6:30-7:30 on Zoom
Fitness & Wellness
- Walking in Weston with Michelle Nickerson Thursdays in April & May, 10:30
- Yoga Nidra Tuesday, April 18, 2:00-3:00 on Zoom
- Small Group Fitness Training Wednesdays, April 12‒May 3, 10:30-11:30 at the COA
- Trail Walk Wednesday, April 19, 1:00-2:00, Meet at 12:30
- Weekly Golf at Leo J. Martin Memorial Golf Course - Wednesdays at 12:30 Starting April 26. Join us for a casual meet & greet Wednesday, April 19 at 12:30 at the COA before we kick off the season.
Check out our weekly Fitness & Wellness classes
- Caregiver Support Group Thursdays, April 6 & 20, 10:00-11:30 at the COA
- Neuropathy Support Group Thursday, April 20, 1:00-3:00 on Zoom
- Curb-to-Curb Transportation Service Monday-Thursday, 9:00-3:00
- Market Basket Tuesdays in March, 9:30-12:30 Thursdays in March, 9:30-12:30
- Natick Mall Monday, March 6, 11:00-3:00
- Trader Joe’s Monday, March 20, 1:00-3:00
We use MySeniorCenter (MSC) check-in service to sign in for in-person programs. Please remember to bring your MSC key tag when you come to the COA. If you have misplaced yours, please ask for a new one at the front desk the next time you stop by.
We continue to work closely with Town Hall and the Board of Health to monitor the virus and provide a safe environment for everyone. We will provide updates via email and our website to notify residents of any changes to the calendar. Contact the office if you have questions or concerns about any specific programs we offer.
To receive updates on calendar and safety updates or changes, new programs, presentations, transportation, services, and town events, sign up for our e-newsletter in just a few easy steps by visiting Weston, MA and enter your email address. Locate Council on Aging News and click the envelope icon. You will be sent a confirmation email with a link to click to confirm your subscription.