Additional permits may be required from the Planning Board for activities conducted within the following districts.
The information provided below on the uses and required approvals are summaries only. Please refer to Weston's Zoning By-laws (PDF) and the relevant Rules and Regulations for full information on required approvals.
A Special Permit is required for new construction and for additions to, or relocation of, existing structures.
A Special Permit is required for the following uses within the Aquifer Protection Overlay District:
- Special Permit uses that would excavate to within 6-feet of the water table
- Sewage Treatment Facilities
- Solid Waste Transfer Stations
- Golf Courses
- Buried Fuel and Chemical Storage Tanks
- Storage of over 100 lbs. of de-icing chemicals
- Commercial application of pesticide, herbicide, and fertilizers
- Rendering impervious more than 15% of a lot
- Creation of Ponds
- Artificial Turf Fields
Site Plan Approval is required for large-scale, ground-mounted photovoltaic installations.