If tutors consistently disregard these guidelines the Weston Public Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to disallow the practice of tutoring in the library.
- Tutors may use the library no more than four hours per week.
- Tutoring activities are confined to the tables outside of the local history room and study rooms. No tutoring is allowed in the Youth Services department. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO MOVE IF YOU ARE IN ANY OTHER AREA. NO ONE MAY RESERVE SPACE IN THE LIBRARY TO TUTOR.
- Tutors are responsible for the behavior of the student being tutored. Only one student may be tutored at a time. Students may not be left unattended while waiting for their session to begin.
- Tutoring sessions must be kept as quiet as possible. Any disruption to other patrons may result in the tutor and student being asked to leave.
- Tutors and students must bring their own supplies.
- All arrangements are made strictly between the tutor and parent. No messages may be conveyed through library staff.
- The library is not responsible for unattended children.
- The Weston Public Library Child Supervision Policy will be strictly enforced.
Independent tutors are not sponsored by the library. Advertising that tutor services occur at the library is strictly prohibited.
The Weston Public Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time.
3/13/07 Approved by Weston Public Library Board of Trustees
Amended 9/13/10 by the Weston Public Library Board of Trustees
Amended 9/10/18 by the Weston Public Library Board of Trustees