Information for Board & Committee Members
Whether elected or appointed, residents serving on a board, committee or commission is a part of a public body and as such must adhere to the rules governed by the Open Meeting Law, the Public Records Law, and the Conflict of Interest Law. The following documents are meant to guide our elected and appointed officials in all matters of conducting Town Government business.
Please take a few moments to read the following information or to refresh your memory. If at any time you should have a question, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of the Town Manager at 781-786-5020 or the Town Clerk's Office at 781-786-5010.
- Board and Committee Handbook (PDF) - a guide for serving in Weston's Town Government
- Online Conflict of Interest Law Tutorial - Required state ethics training. Print the Certificate of Completion at the end.
- Open Meeting Law Guide - the Attorney General Office (PDF)
- Public Records Law - important information for public bodies prepared by Town Counsel
- New Committee Member's Top 8 (PDF)
Public Body Information
- Summary of the Conflict of Interest Law (PDF) - download a hard copy or review anytime
- How to Post a Meeting Notice (PDF) - A Public Body Checklist
- Committee Meeting Agenda Template (docx) - download this file for posting
- How to Create and Approve Meeting Minutes (PDF) - A Public Body Checklist
- How to Enter Into Executive Session (PDF) - A Public Body Checklist
- Remote Participation (PDF) - By Members of Boards, Committees, and Commissions
- Selectmen's Committee Appointment Policy
- Selectmen Policy on Associate and Liaison Members for Committees (PDF)