The Tree Advisory Group (TAG) is charged with promoting community tree health, in coordination with the Tree Warden and local and state agencies. Through organized tree plantings, educational publications and long-range planning, TAG members will contribute their knowledge and enthusiasm for trees to ensure the long-term survival and annual care of public and private trees in Weston.
Members are appointed by the Select Board and serve a three-year term. Meetings are monthly at Town Hall, with outdoor/on-site meetings as needed.
Duties & Activities
Their activities may include:
- Assist with ongoing Tree Health Inventory and Tree Removal lists
- Educational Tree Manual, events and pamphlets
- Grant applications for special projects
- Organize Arbor Day celebrations, Tree City USA compliance
- Organize tree plantings
- Spearhead historic area tree preservation efforts
TAG will make recommendations relative to the above mission on town-owned land to the Tree Warden and the Select Board.
Information on Town planted trees can be found through the Geographic Information Systems’ MapsOnline. Viewers can request to view town-planted trees. By clicking the info tab, viewers can follow the screen directions to find location, genus, and more.